Make special life celebrations last forever in a work of art as a ketubah or vow scroll. Birth naming certificates, confirmations Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, graduation, wedding anniversary, corporate or honor gifts.
One of a kind hand painted and calligraphed to reflect your life, passion and love. Open to any faith, inter-denominational with calligraphy in English, Hebrew or Chinese script. Choose from your marriage vows, poem or what you feel expresses your needs.
These are not fill in prints. The art work is painted on a choice of hand made silk scroll with silk paper, rice paper or traditional archival watercolor paper. The ink is hand ground and pigments are watercolor, gouache, or hand ground pigments mixed with special additives for archival museum quality. Gold, silver or copper pigment embellishment is available. The calligraphy and images are painted with fine kolinsky sable brushes.
The silk scrolls come with their own ribbon and wood hangers in a silk covered presentation box with red ribbon closure.
Traditional flat art and scrolls can be matted and framed at your own local framing shop. Suggestions can be made for the best archival framing process.
Brushstrokes of love are created one at a time.
PROCESS & FAQ
1. Phone, e-mail or in person meetings to get all the information needed to make the scroll a success. Select style, substrate, medium. Discussion of budget. I come up with a rough sketch idea.
2. Be prepared: please have the clergy approved text copy available with proper dates, places, names, officiant, type of calligraphy English, Hebrew or Chinese or combination of. If you have favorite flowers, places or images to be included please submit with the text copy. A down payment is made at this time prior to beginning the art plus any fees for special materials or references needed. I accept cash and checks. 3-4 months advance notice needed otherwise it is a rush job. Some ketubahs may take more time due to complexity.
A small simple ketubah is possible.
3. Due date of when the work is needed. At least 2-3 weeks prior to the wedding.
4. Pencil Sketches/Color Rough will be sent by
e-mail or in person before the final art is begun. An additional payment is paid at this time.
5. The final payment is due when the work is picked up or prior to mailing. Shipping fee is additional. Choice of US Postal Service Express plus insurance and special handling or Federal-Express.
6. The work does not include matting or framing.
I include a special archival pen. And for an additional fee I will include an archival acetate holder with foam core board. The couple may want to sign the scroll as their marriage document prior to framing.
7. Hand delivery is possible but a fee will be charged for travel and expenses.
8. You can see the progress of the work at any time by e-mail images or studio visit with appointment. The work includes a certificate of authenticity.
9. Purchaser agrees that the work is copyrighted by the artist and the artist may use the image for self promotion and will not be used in any other manner unless specified before work is begun.
10. All art work is final and non-refundable. Should the parties separate the work can not be altered at a future time to change wording.
Paper scroll or silk on silk with
silk brocade covered box,
Hand ground ink, watercolor and gouache
15.74 ”x 31.5” art fee depending on complexity.
(full scroll material is 23.6"x 47.2")
X-LARGE paper or slk on silk scroll wIth box
25” x 50 “ art fee depending on complexity.
(full scroll material is 28" x 72")
Special Text fees: per language
Budget priced art is available at smaller sizes with less detail.
ARCHES OR FABRIANO HOT PRESS
Hand ground ink, watercolor and gouache
on 300 LB Fabriano hot press acid free paper.
22" X 30" fee depending upon complexity.
Text Fees apply unless couple provides officiant approved text in all languages desired.
The number of elements in a complex design will add to the cost. Landscape, flowers, one or more language calligraphy, animals/birds, insects, amount of text and personalizations. The combination of Hebrew stam calligraphy and English calligraphy text is included unless the officiant does not supply Hebrew translation. Prices vary according to complexity, details, text(s), deadline, substrate and pigments. Kosher and non-kosher parchment is available at an additional fee and may take additional time. I can work within all budgets, styles and sizes.
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE
Shipping and Delivery is additional.
All art is copyrighted by the artist and may be used in artist’s marketing materials or electronic media.